SITUATION/UPDATE BRIEFING FORMAT (S2)
Used to keep the commander’s higher and lower staff updated and advised on the reporting commander’s critical situation.
- Identification of self, if appropriate.
- Scope: Define the coverage of the briefing in terms of time, geographic limits, or specific topics.
- Weather report and forecast.
- Terrain, if appropriate.
- Recent and present enemy activity.
- Other appropriate items (i.e., there has been a change in mission, enemy situation, weather, etc.).
- Conclusions, if applicable.
- Solicitation of questions.
- Concluding statement and announcement of next briefing, if any.